Monday, September 17, 2007

The trains run to new places ...

This weekend was actually a very big week for the J&C Railroad. I have been saying that we have run trains within the Freight yard which was a huge step but it only wetted our appetite to do more. So on Friday night, David cleaned track and I installed the Auto Reverser on the Wye & built a temporary bridge structure within that curve on the Wye. With all of that we were able to run trains on the entire layout. It seems like it has been an eternity since we have actually run trains. We also were able to test the tunnels with a double stack well car. To our surprise there is only a few tweaks needed but the tunnels accept the extended height of these cars. It is truly amazing what happens when the track is cleaned and good power is run through the rails. We would like to at least now set the track and bridge on the drop in bridge section that I have labeled as Old Grizzly gulch. I have a Walthers Cornerstone Trestle that I am going to put in that place. Once this bridge is functional the only place yet for track will be the Lumber Yard facility. David will be working on the design of this during the week. I seem to keep putting off laying any ground cover. My main reason is that I have never done it and there is always the initial fear and nervousness of doing it. I know once I start, I will be saying “Why hadn’t I done this earlier. I am going to make a better effort of working on the site through the upcoming days so come back soon for updates. If you would like to receive an email when updates are posted email me your name and address. I will place you on the list to be notified of future updates. Thanks for visiting and we look forward to seeing you soon!

No comments: